Job Title: Paralegal / Trainee Solicitor
Employment type: Full time or part time considered
Salary: Competitive – variable depending on experience
Start date: Flexible from April 2022
Location: London (flexible working arrangements by agreement)
About the firm
Towerhouse LLP is a well-established, growing boutique law firm listed in leading directories. We offer legal advice across the regulated and digital sectors of the economy – including telecoms, transport big tech, post, energy and financial sectors. We work with household name companies and major economic regulators, in the UK and abroad. Although we are small, we are class-leading in what we do – we typically compete with the largest city firms. We are unusual in that we have a multi-disciplinary approach, with in-house economic and policy expertise. We are based in a Georgian building on one of London’s best squares, in the West End.
Who are we looking for?
- Current GDL/LPC students or GDL/LPC graduates with a Commendation or above
- Hold a minimum 2:1 first degree
- A-Level Requirement: AAB
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for dealing with complex issues in a multidisciplinary environment
- First-rate IT, knowledge management and typing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to take instruction, organise, multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to conduct research, both legal and evidential
- A hardworking, self-motivated team player
- Given the specialist nature of our work, we are particularly interested in candidates who have an existing interest or focus on economic regulation and/or competition, technology or a particular regulated sector such as telecoms or energy.
What you can expect
You will learn a lot and very quickly! Although you will be busy, our team’s solicitors are friendly, approachable and will be on hand to give you the relevant training and guidance.
Due to the varied nature of the work at Towerhouse you will be working on a number of projects at any one time. You will, at all times, be providing support to one or more of our solicitors.
Examples of the work that you may be involved in include: day-to-day client management, conducting research, drafting letters, attending client meetings and taking notes / recording actions, presenting material to clients, assisting in the preparation of documents for the purposes of litigation, assisting in the contractual negotiations on behalf of client and so on. The exact nature of your duties will depend on experience and will be assigned to you once you join our team; however, we hope to give you exposure to many aspects of the work done at Towerhouse.
Whilst recognising there is no guaranteed commitment by either party, our aim is to recruit a paralegal (or more than one) who will then become a trainee solicitor.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Rachel Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that although we will acknowledge individual applications it will not be possible to provide feedback to those applicants who are not invited for interview.